Friday, April 19, 2024

Eastern Time: || Central Time: || Pacific Time: || UTC:

Search Topic:
Advanced Search
Killogic
Chief Warrant Officer W5
Posted on Wed May 18, 2016 9:37 pm

There's been countless comparisons and contrats made between the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One.  Comparisons done by techsites, gamersites, and gamer companies.  So you have probably heard it all before and wonder why this any different.  Well since you already clicked this topic to read might as well see it to the end.

I am not a tech person and I don't work for a gaming company.  I do, however, bring a personal everyday man touch to the this topic.  So now that we got that out of the way lets move on.

Lets get the basics out of the way first.  Both the PS4 and Xbox One are gaming consoles, use blu-ray discs, and act as home entertainment systems. There are other things that both these consoles share, but what PS4 and Xbox One share is more different than you think.

First comparison to made is that you can talk to both your PS4 and the Xbox One.  You can tell the PS4 to do basic things like to pick a game, or some kind of function.  You can do the samething with with your Xbox One, with one major exception.  With the Xbox One you need the Kinect in order to talk with your console.  With the PS4 all you need is a mic.  Now personally I think speaking with the kinect is better.  Talking with the PS4 seemed very rudimentary.  Plus with PS4 you still have to press a button to do a screen capture or record a video.  If you don't have a kinect then this really is no different then what you are doing now.

The controller for the PS4 is by far better than...the PS3 controller.  It is more comfortable to hold and the trigger buttons are actually like triggers on this controller.  Also you can save money from bying batteries.  That being said I still think that the Xbox controller is lightyears ahead of the PS4.  Better handling and better thumb placement. Plus the top of stick buttons on the Xbox One controller are concave.  The stick buttons on the PS4 controller have a bulge in the center.  Needless to say they take getting used to.  It just doesn't quite feel right.

The PS4 operating system is very basic and simpler to use compared to the Xbox One operating system.  Everything is right where you need it from the moment you turn it on.  Plus it sems easier to search for things.  I never really had to dig too deep looking for something.  Simplicity might not be for everyone though.  The Xbox One operating system may be a little bit more complex, but offers more than the PS4 operating system.  The Xbox One allows you to engage more with your friends.  

I don't want to get into the differences of software to much.  You're going to play whatever games you want and if you honestly cared about the difference between 900p and 1080p then you on a PC.  I will say when it comes to Apps for the consoles the Xbox One SmartGlass App is better than the PlayStaion App.  The Xbox One app really does turn your phone or tablet into a companion for your console.  Now I haven't really gotten to try the PlayStation App all that much.  I will update as I use the app more.  I will point out one major difference between the apps.  With SmartGlass you can message your friends.  You have to download a messaging app to do the same with PlayStation.  I don't know how Sony could make an app that provides you with so much, but you can't use it as a keyboard.  This does not include Xbox One SmartGlass on your computer.  That is something else on a different topic for another time.

Well I hope you enjoyed this review comparison topic.  Consider it a work in progress because our consoles are ever changing so as will this comparison review.  This isn't meant to persuade to buy one or the other.  It is simply menat to provide just a first hand account.  Plus with college over for the summer I'm still in writing mood.  Also feel free to make your own comments and own assesments.

Dusctilldawn
Chief Warrant Officer W5
Posted on Mon May 23, 2016 9:44 pm

My friends game on XBOX1,my clan does too and not many of us have ps4

© Copyright 2006 - 2024 Rotten To The Core Gaming