Saturday, April 27, 2024

Eastern Time: || Central Time: || Pacific Time: || UTC:

Search Topic:
Advanced Search
Dusctilldawn
Chief Warrant Officer W5
Posted on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:24 pm

So I could have probably posted this in the members area but this is where I guess we put our reviews, so here is mine.

Star Citizen is a crowd funded PC game in developement by Chris Roberts (famed for Elite Dangerous and Wing Commander) that will be and is a cutting edge Space Sim. It is in Alpha and Beta testing atm. You can join the testers and give feed back as they bring the game forward. Star Citizen isn't tied to big name gaming publishers, instead all funding comes directly from the public through donations, product purchases, and investing. When Chris Roberts first announced the game would be 100% cloud funded, he was touted as a fool and critics said it would never succeed. THEY WERE WRONG!

The public has responsed by breaking all set financial goals and have contributed 112 million plus and still counting!!!! I am not going to waste my time here talking about all the set backs and controversity the game developers have experianced, total drama and a waste of time. I will tell you that Star Citizen will be released in part to the public this year, It has playable Alpha and Beta portions now and developers want you to play it and help find the bugs. I find the open contributions, developement and public input for the game refreshing. The developers do weekly pod casts on you tube and other media. Monthly, Chris Roberts does a broardcast called 10 FOR THE COMMANDER were he takes 10 questions from the gaming public and gives indepth answers and explainations about almost anything. When was the last time EVER a game developer did that or allowwed the public to have direct input into game design. LIKE NEVER! 

Star citizen is amazing! 

Public funded, gamer designed, outstanding graphics and content is making it the one we all will play for years to come and I predict it's success will equal and surpass World of WarCraft.

Star Citizen is huge and ongoing. It will be continually updated and content added over time. At release it will not be complete and there may never be a "final" version. Just like Destiny and WoW it will continually grow and expand as long as the public market bares. It is difficult to put the game in one catagory: MMO, Space Sim in an open virtual universe, FPS, adventure and exploration are all combined to give most gamers extrordinary game time.

I give Star Citizen a thumbs up and look forward to it's first release. For those of you that want to help in testing, contribute or just can't wait to play it go to Star Citzen .com. Yes you have to contribute or purchase ships and other products to help towards developement but games aren't free. If you want to see game play, and learn more about Star Citizen check it on you tube.

So get your Space Panties Cleaned and ready for what looks to be an incredible new PC game.

Thanks

Dusctilldawn (Chief Camo Panty Inspector)

Rotten to the Core For Life. 

RTTC_XTREME
Commander
Posted on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Watched some videos, looks pretty bad ass

© Copyright 2006 - 2024 Rotten To The Core Gaming